January 8, 2013

{Recipe} Homemade Salsa

Mexican food is my all time favorite and I fix some type of variation quite often. However, I have never made my own salsa...until now! I found the recipe here but I tweaked it a little bit to our tastes.

Ingredients

  • 1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
  • 2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
  • ¼ cups Chopped Onion
  • 1 clove Garlic, Minced
  • 1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
  • ¼ teaspoons Sugar
  • ¼ teaspoons Salt
  • ¼ teaspoons Ground Cumin
  • ½ cups Cilantro 
  • ½ whole Lime Juice



This is the original recipe, I left out the cilantro and the jalapeno seeds. These are of course little tweaks that worked for us!



Combine all ingredients into blender (this makes a large batch and filled my blender to the brim) Pulse until its the consistency that you like. Transfer to a huge Pyrex and serve! Store all extra in the fridge!


 And also try not to spill : (



Linking up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment